Friday, October 23, 2009

Musical makeover

I have just added the new specially composed score to the trailer for The Einstein Girl. It will get its first outing for Spanish publishers Alfaguara, whom I am going out to visit next month, and then it will be adapted for the Vintage (UK) edition, which comes out in March 2010.
This score was written and performed by Philip Johnston, a concert pianist and Taekwondo instructor turned novelist who lives in Canberra, Australia. I liked the music I had on the old version of the trailer, but having something specially tailored to the video makes an altogether more striking impression; and Philip's score is, I think, absolutely captivating. The theme has been rolling around inside my head ever since I first heard it, and the arrangement is superb.

Take a look!

No comments: